Login

New User? Sign Up!

Navigation

Currently no members online:)

You are an anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here
There are 1 unlogged users online !

Latest Web Links

Latest Downloads

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Palpatine
Post subject: PegasosII Official Introduction in Sweden  PostPosted: Oct 31, 2003 - 08:48
Just looking around

Hi,

We are considering an official Swedish/Scandinavian PegasosII introduction here: http://www.icehotel.com.

What do you think? Let's start a discussion about it, who would attend? Who can we ask to come? When should we do it?

Cheers,
Ron

Reply with quote Back to top
gunne
Post subject: Icehotel or Comdex ?  PostPosted: Oct 31, 2003 - 10:32
Order of the Pegasos
Order of the Pegasos

Well, the Icehotel is a very special place. Its quite far in the north, 16 hours by train from Stockholm for instance.

If doing a conference which you also want to be noticed in public, I believe you have to consider a lot of things if going for a such place like the icehotel. Its about what you want the show/conference to be.

I would like to point you to this site;

Comdex

At such place Genesi might meet a lot of people from the brand. And there usually are a lot of reporters from magazine showing up, to see if something is to write about.

In my thought Comdex should be a better place to go for.

It depends of what you want it to be.

Johan
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 31, 2003 - 11:34

It´s quite troublesome to get to the Icehotel which is located in a small village in the north of Sweden called Jukkasjäärvi.

You have to get to the Arlanda airport in Stockholm and then swap aircraft to get to Kiruna airport.

From Kiruna you can get to Jukkasjäärvi by bus or hire a car and drive eastward about 30 minutes.

This is not recomended during the winterperiod though since it´s about minus 30 degrees celcius or colder and too much snow. I´ve driven there once and it´s the most horrific experience I´ve ever had.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number 
gunne
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 31, 2003 - 13:21
Order of the Pegasos
Order of the Pegasos

I agree here. And after thought about this for a while.

The Icehotel is a very special experience, and an interresting possibility for having a conference.

But for choosing this, I think strategic people must be invited and to make it as a somewhat closed conference mostly for invited people and make a program of it.

So I think I would like to put it back to Genesi, to also really consider Comdex instead. Gothenburg is also closer to Denmark, Copenhagen and Norway, Oslo and also to Stockholm. People can attend over the day from this places. I believe it should be easier to get more out of this at this point, then for bringing it to the icehotel.

The icehotel, would in the other way, be a interresting place for having a conference in a very special and exotic atmosphere. Maybe when more people know about the Pegasos, and having interrest in the Pegasos, it could be a very good place for having such a conference.

Trizt
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 31, 2003 - 15:45
Order of the Butterfly
Order of the Butterfly

I can't think that anyone would like to pay for the icehotle from their own pocket, and as far as I know, there aren't that much money in the Genesi bank account that they would be able to pay for this for all the important people that would be needed there. Even if Genesi would have the money, I think there is better places to use them than at the Icehotel.

As everyone else has pointed out, it's remote too.
The most central place in Scandinavia is Gothenburg, and to here it's quite cheap to travel from the capital cities of Denmark, Norway and Sweden.

For a Fenno-Scandian meeting, Stockholm is a better location, or else the travel from Helsinkin would take to long time (if you don't want to spend a lot money on a flight). And for a such meeting, I think the Baltic states would be close enough to be part of it too.

Merko
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 02, 2003 - 21:07
Journeyman
Journeyman

I agree with Trizt and Gunne. Gothenburg or Stockholm should be the
natural choices, or possibly Malmö (better for the Danes, worse for
the Norwegians).

Doing something at the Ice hotel could be good for some purposes, but
it wouldn't be particularly scandinavian as it's at the end of the
world. And too expensive, as well.

kamelryttarn
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 08, 2004 - 12:13

Why not try to promote Pegasos at DreamHack? Over 5.000 nerds gathered at the same place. I doubt you can find a better place. Very Happy

Check out www.dreamhack.org for more info

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
gunne
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 09, 2004 - 11:31
Order of the Pegasos
Order of the Pegasos

Yes, we should really do this.

Maybe PUGS also is interrested in showing up at dreamhack ? Smile

Jump to: